Friday, May 6, 2016

Speech Pathologist


Duties and Responsibilities: Speech-language pathologists working in schools may meet regularly with individual students or groups of students. Speech-language pathologist (sometimes called speech therapy) access, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in patients. Speech, language, and swallowing disorders result from a variety of causes such as a stroke, brain injury, hearing loss, developmental delay, Parkinson's disease, a cleft palate or autism.      


Image result for speech pathologistSalary: $73,410 per year and $35.29 per hour 


Education: Master's degree, and they must be licensed in most states; requirements vary by state. 


Demand for this profession: Analytical skill, communication skill, compassion, critical thinking skills, detail oriented, and listening skills. 




Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not? 
I think that I would kind of want to be one. I think I would kind of like to be one because when I grow up I want to be a therapist but I don't know what kind yet. Speech Pathologist seems interesting because you work with any type of aged adults, kids etc. I would also like to be one because I love helping people out and mostly little kids because they are our future and its important for them to talk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment