Wednesday, May 4, 2016

S.S.S




Image result for karl g maeser"I have been asked what I mean by 'WORD OF HONOR.' I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stones ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give MY WORD OF HONOR never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No never! I'd die first." 

By: Karl G. Maeser 

What this statement is trying to state is that, if he says that he will keep his word then he will. No matter if death is involved in this he won't open his mouth at all. He will keep it with him until death does him apart. When you give your word oh honor it means that, you will not tell anyone about it even if they punish you. You are giving your word and you should know that, that could be a promise. Giving your word of honor is similar to a promise. They are similar because keeping a promise means keeping to yourself and also does "word of honor" means that you will keep it to your self or you will stay true to it. For example if you say I give my word of honor to be on school on time then you have to be to school on time because you have gave your word to someone that you will be there. Another example is if you tell someone I give you my word of honor that I won't tell anyone your secret then you shall keep that honor of word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment